1. What did you do in 2019 that you’d never done before? Hmm...I learned to do string art.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A few Facebook friends
4. Did anyone close to you die? Grandma Long, Adam's Aunt Sandy, and just last night, My Aunt Sandy, plus our cat Tippy.
5. What countries did you visit? Another year stateside for me
6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you didn’t have in 2019? More financial stability
7. What dates from 2019 will be etched upon your memory, and why? Hmm nothing jumps out at me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? I've still feeling good about my work
9. What was your biggest failure? I read and wrote less this year than I have in a long time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not me, though I helped my mom when she broke her shoulder.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My fitbit versa 2
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My kiddos accomplishments
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Ugh, Donald Trump. (Some more)
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills
15. What did you get really excited about? Finding what works for me to start getting healthier
16. What song will always remind you of 2019? Shallow Lady Gaga
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Things are looking up for all three of these!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading and writing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing out
20. How did you spend Christmas? We had a quiet but lovely day at home. Comfy clothes, games, and watching the kids enjoy the day
21. Did you fall in love in 2019? More and more every day with my husband and kids
22. What was your favorite TV show? The good place
23. What was the best book you read? I did a lot of rereading when I read this year
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Lol the Frozen 2 soundtrack
25. What did you want and get? First family photos in 6 years
26. What did you want and not get? We didn't go away for our anniversary like I had hoped.
27. What was your favorite film of 2019? Frozen 2 (sorry)
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 37. I worked and had chocolate cake lol
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less stress and anxiety in general
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2019? I kept up my haircut. I kept it mostly comfy this year however I could
31. What kept you sane? Adam and the boys, family and friends, audiobooks, music and YouTube
32. What political issue stirred you the most? Donald Trump is still president
33. Who did you miss? My sister, my grandparents and my great aunt and my little Gabriel.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019. Some years are going to be nothing spectacular, and that's ok.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now
We're far from the shallow now