Thursday, February 21, 2013

Liebster Award!

From Damaged to Donor is so sweet and nominated me for a Liebster Award!!
The idea is to circulate and increase the readership of smaller blogs; so I answer the questions put to me by From Damaged to Donor, and then come up with questions of my own to forward to bloggers of my choosing.

The Liebster Award is available to bloggers with less than 200 followers. And you get to add this award to your blog! There is a code, but I can't find it, so copy and paste the picture below and add it as a gadget to your blog!
 
  From Damaged to Donor's Questions:

1. Dogs or cats?
I used to really be a major cat person, but having six cats at once changed me!  I'd have to say dogs now.
2. Favorite season and why?
Fall.  I love to watch the leaves change color and feeling the air cooling down just a little bit.
3. Do you have a green thumb? Does that change depending on whether we're talking about indoor versus outdoor plants?
Not really.  I am TERRIBLE at remembering to water a garden or a plant.  My husband bought me a plant for mother's day last year and I thanked him, but I joked that he hadn't given me a gift, but an obligation!  I suppose I would be slightly more responsible when planting veggies, since there is more at stake there than your average house plant. My mom lives with us and she generally shoulders the gardening responsibilities.  
4. Have you yet found any silver lining(s) in the journey of infertility? If so, what?
My silver lining was finding the incredible online support system of woman who shared in my struggle.  I made some incredible friends throughout my journey, friendships that I hope will last a lifetime.  And I have been able to read some truly inspiring stories.
5. Are you reading a book currently? What?
I recently read "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell (The book that the movie was based on, where the author wrote a blog about trying out all of Julia Child's recipes from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" over the course of one year.).  I am re-reading "Mockingjay" from the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins right now, because it was handy the other night when I was bored.
6. Do you make lists to keep organized in life or do things just stick in your mind?
I am a huge list maker!  Grocery lists, packing lists, to-do lists, I even write down what time AJ has a bottle.  
7. Favorite scent?
Baby lotion, strawberries, and rain.

My questions:
1. What is one (or more) item on your bucket list?
2.  If your life had a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
3. What is something you've done in life that you are truly proud of?
4. What is your favorite sound?
5. Favorite word?  Why?
6. If you could sit down with one person (living or dead, someone from history or a family member) for a nice long chat, who would it be and what would you talk about?
7. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
8.What is the coolest thing about you?
9. What is your favorite color--be precise, don't just say blue, but what kind of blue?
10. Favorite quote or saying?
11.  If you hit the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you'd buy?
And a bonus question for my fellow fertility-challenged ladies, stealing it from my nominator:
12. Have you yet found any silver lining(s) in the journey of infertility? If so, what?
And, the nominees are (ignore if you feel like it!): 
Twin (I know you don't blog anymore, but I wish you would, so maybe this will tempt you)
Believing in myself!
One day at a time
Our Tiny Angels
glumbunny
Love is Blonde
MissConception
Tales from Our Yellow Brick Road
Womb For Improvement
The 2 Week Wait
Eggs out of time
Ready For My Turn
Apparently the guidelines for being eligible for this award dictate that you can't have more than 200 followers.  However for some reason the "Followers" section of blogger isn't showing me how many followers anyone has!  So hopefully you lovely ladies are all eligible!  Also, please forgive me if you have already been nominated, and just consider this my personal assertion that you and your blog are awesome!  And let me take this opportunity on behalf of the blogging community to thank you for writing your blogs!  I truly enjoy reading them!

4 comments:

ReadyForMyTurn said...

Lovely!

ousoonerchick said...

I got your comment and it made me feel better. Where you bleeding wih your low beta though?

ousoonerchick said...

It did! I always spot two or three days before af so I don't understand why I wasn't on anything. I know at 7dpiui mine level was 20.8 but still!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Hello from another black thumb :)