Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Ray of Sunshine!

Sweet Teresa at Where the *Bleep* is Our Stork nominated me for the Sunshine Award!  The award goes to those writers who's posts brighten the days of fellow bloggers/readersAw, I am truly humbled! Thanks Teresa!!!  You're awesome!

Here are the rules:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award
5. Link your nominees and let them know they've been nominated.



Here are Teresa's questions:

1. Shaken or stirred? LOL Well I've never had a martini, but just based on gut reaction, I'll go with stirred.  It sounds more gentle than shaken.

2.  What is the greatest movie from the past year?  Hmm that's hard.  Was the Hunger Games in the past year?  I think so. I'll go with that.  Loved the books.

3.  Would you ever consider writing your own book?  Well, if you've read my blog,  you probably know the answer to that.  I can, I have, I am!  I actually wrote a pretty complete "novel", a fiction piece of questionable quality lol. I tend to be very dramatic in my writing, very life and death, etc.  Anyway it's probably crap and I will probably never do anything with it.  However, it's definitely a goal of mine to write something worth trying to get published and I have started an idea for a book of infertility stories.  I don't have much time to work on it these days, but it's still something I'm planning on getting back to.

4.  Would you rather have a dog's ears or hawks eyes?  Hmm good question!  Noises tend to distract me and my eyesight is terrible, so I'll say a hawks eyes. :)

5.  What is your favorite season and why?  Right now!  The Fall is my favorite.  I love the colors, I love the cool weather, I love how it smells, I just love everything about it!

6.  Have you ever hated loving someone?  You know what, I don't think so.  Even when it hurt, even when I knew I shouldn't, no, I don't think so.   I am a strong believer in being true to yourself and your feelings, that feelings are justified.  There were times that I knew it wasn't healthy, wasn't best for me to love the person I loved, but I either accepted that and dealt with it, or worked toward moving on.

7.  Do you have any strange habits?  Yes, doesn't everyone?  LOL  I'm actually doing mine right now.  When I am writing or typing, I have a habit of holding my mouth funny.  It's hard to describe, sometimes I'm kind of biting my lip, sometime I'm sort of tucking in my lip.  I'm not sure why I do it, but I know I look pretty dopey, so yeah, that's fun.

8.  Why do people say laughter is the best medicine?  Because if you can laugh, nothing is too bad!  Nothing is better than the feeling right after you've laughed so hard your sides ached or your eyes are watering.  Sick or hurt, sad or depressed, laughing will make you feel better, make things not seem so bad, even if just for a moment.

9.  What do you think is the color for happiness? Happiness...to me, happiness is warm, so I'd say something like a warm yellow or orange, like a sunset or like candlelight.

10.  What will you teach your children?  (what values, beliefs, hobbies, skills, etc)  I hope to teach my kids many things.  I want to teach them to be kind and try hard at everything they do.  I want to teach them to be respectful and honest.  I would love to work with them on any number of hobbies and skills.  I'm not very sporty, but I will do my best to teach them the basics and nurture that in them if they choose.  I hope to teach them to like to read and learn about new things, to not be afraid to try things, to enjoy music and being outside and oh so many things!

Great questions Teresa!!

Okay, so here are my nominees!  Some of these ladies are really in the trenches of infertility.  However, they always manage to hold on to hope, or to make me and all of their readers laugh at their ever-present humor, or to find joy in the little things in life.  I love reading their blogs, and so many more than are listed here.

1.  Rach at A Little Bit More
2.  Mrs E. at TTCBabyE3
3.  Stacy at Dancing My Way Through Love, Life and Books
4.  Tasha at Frozen OJ
5.  Hope at A Crack In Everything
6.  KelBel at Tales from Our Yellow Brick Road
7.  May at Nuts In May
8.  Liz at Wishing on a Snowflake
9.  Ready for My Turn
10.  And I'm going to follow Teresa's lead and leave this spot open for ANYONE!  If you read this, consider yourself nominated!  Be sure to leave a comment so I can read your answers!

Here are my questions!
1.  What is a quote that you live by or one the really resonates with you?
2.  What is your favorite word?
3.  What word or phrase do you overuse?
4.  What is one of your guilty pleasures?  It could be a food, a song, a movie, whatever.
5.  If your life was a movie, what would it be called and who would play you?
6.  You have tomorrow off work and you can do anything!  Money is no object!  What are you going to do?
7.  Your going on a 14 hour flight somewhere.  Name three MUST HAVES in your carry-on.
8.  What is the one thing you want people to remember about you?
9.  You can change your name tomorrow, no hassle. Would you and if so, to what?
10.  Fantasy pet (responsibilities, cost, and all realistic things aside)--What would it be and why?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melissa!

I'm going to give it a shot!

Frozen OJ said...

Thank you for the nomination! I agree with many of your answers to the questions. I will try and remember to answer your questions and put it up on my blog tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me.

I thought your answers were very interesting and sweet. I hope to do half as well.

Hope said...

I'm sorry I'm so very late to the party (been away for a few weeks), but this is a lovely surprise. Thanks, Melissa! I'll post my answers in the next few days ... and will look forward to reading your book. :)