Thursday, December 31, 2020

Never been so happy to see a year end

 

Wow. We freaking made it! Well, almost. Personally, I am not setting foot outside my house until 2020 is officially over. I feel like it might have a few more punches to throw and I'd like to avoid them! 

I haven't posted in a year, but I figured it was a year to document, at least at a glance!

1. What did you do in 2020 that you’d never done before?  Lived through a Global pandemic.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not unless you count people I follow on YouTube.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My stepfather-in-law Richard, our dog Gracie, and my coworker Kerry. This year sucked.

5. What countries did you visit? I've only left my county a handful of times this year, I definitely didn't leave the country.

6. What would you like to have in 2021 that you didn’t have in 2020? Less anxiety about everything, even marginally less.

7. What dates from 2020 will be etched upon your memory, and why? Early March, when the world shut down.

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? Just keeping it together, working from home, helping supervise the kids virtual learning, and not being a total shrew to my family.

9. What was your biggest failure? I refuse to pick a failure this year. It was rough enough.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  It wasn't a great year for my health. I had a detatched retina in June that required surgery. I have recently been dealing with a random rapid heartbeat. So far, everything checks out ok, but it's an ongoing concern for me. But I didn't catch Covid!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Clothes that fit!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I have lost 60 lbs since September 2019 and kept it off. I am very proud of that and I definitely feel better physically and mentally because of it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? People who refuse to wear masks!

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, though we saved a lot on gas this year!

15. What did you get really excited about? Painting my nails! I think I've only had naked nails a couple of weeks this entire year!

16. What song will always remind you of 2020? Anything from Frozen 2, which Spotify tells me I have listened to more than anything else

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer  or poorer? I am proud to say I'm thinner and richer. I'd have to say sadder though, it's been a hard year. 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading and writing again. I want to write, but inspiration is lacking.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing out

20. How did you spend Christmas? We had a quiet but lovely day at home. Comfy clothes, games, and watching the kids enjoy the day. We missed having my sisters and almost brother in law over, but otherwise it was a normal Christmas. Santa came through with a PS5, so my boys (all 3) were happy!

21. Did you fall in love in 2020? More and more every day with my husband and kids

22. What was your favorite TV show? Star Trek Discovery

 23. What was the best book you read? I finally read Jenny Larson's books and they were hilarious.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?  Classical and instrumental music. Its great background while I'm working.

25. What did you want and get? For my family to stay safe and healthy

26. What did you want and not get? To spend time with friends and family. 

27. What was your favorite film of 2020? I don't know if I saw anything new, actually.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 38. I worked and had chocolate cake, same as last year.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? No pandemic, obviously.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2020? Lol I don't know if I'll ever be able to wear real pants for an entire day again. I wear regular work type tops with yoga/lounge pants or leggings during the work day with comfy shoes or slippers. I spent most of the year in clothes that were too big for me and have just started buying new things that fit. Online shopping is hard when you don't know your size!

31. What kept you sane? Adam and the boys, YouTube, Netflix, music

32. What political issue stirred you the most? We did not re-elect Trump, thank goodness!!!!

33. Who did you miss? My sister, my grandparents and my great aunt and my little Gabriel and all the friends and family I haven't seen in person this year.

 34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2020. I am mostly a homebody.

 35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Keep holding on, you're gonna make it through, you'll make it through.

Best hopes for 2021 to anyone who stumbles onto this post on this mostly dead blog!

1 comment:

Nisha nehwal said...

I go to many corners of the world in search of delicious food but i loved that food until i saw your post i saw your post and i tasted the food you made i want to say that my best experience hai now i can taste better your post now i don't need to go around for taste. Real Photos Girl Gurugram
Gurugram Girl Number
Cheap price girls gurgaon
Naughty Girl Gurgaon
VIP Girl Gurugram
Cheap Rate Girl Gurgaon
premium Girl Gurgaon
premium health