Friday, December 31, 2021

Still Surviving - 2021 in review

We survived another year. It wasn't much better than 2020, but we were more used to it, right? It wouldn't be right to miss my only post of the year! 

1. What did you do in 2021 that you’d never done before?  Ummm...there isn't much opportunity to do new things just now.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die? I wasn't close to him, but my Uncle recent past away from Covid. Get vaccinated people!

5. What countries did you visit? Ha, no.

6. What would you like to have in 2022 that you didn’t have in 2021? Less suckage

7. What dates from 2021 will be etched upon your memory, and why? Little things, like our personal state fair day, Christmas, special snack days with the kids

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? Work stuff and surviving

9. What was your biggest failure? I refuse to focus on failure 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  Thankfully no!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Mostly stuff for the house and clothing or nail art indulgences

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I have kept up my weight loss, which is awesome

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The continued ignorance of people who refuse to help end the pandemic 

14. Where did most of your money go? Groceries, it feels like

15. What did you get really excited about? We are getting a puppy literally tomorrow and I'm really excited  about it!

16. What song will always remind you of 2021? Anything from Hamilton, which I've been obsessed with all year

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer  or poorer? About the same across the board

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Sleeping. I don't sleep enough 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing out

20. How did you spend Christmas? Another quiet ne at home, just the 5 of us. The weather was warm and we got laser tag for the kids so we went outside to enjoy that 

21. Did you fall in love in 2021? More and more every day with my husband and kids. I will never change this answer

22. What was your favorite TV show? We binge watched Grays Anatomy, which I loved

 23. What was the best book you read? The Hamilton companion book

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?  Hamilton

25. What did you want and get? For my family to stay safe and healthy-still true

26. What did you want and not get? To spend time with friends and family. Sadly still true

27. What was your favorite film of 2021? Hamilton again

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Work, as always. Next year my bday is on the weekend!

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? No pandemic, obviously.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2021? Work on top, lounge in bottom

31. What kept you sane? Adam and the boys, YouTube, Netflix, music, paint by number 

32. What political issue stirred you the most? The freaking madness from January 

33. Who did you miss? My sister, my grandparents and my great aunt and my little Gabriel and all the friends and family I haven't seen in person this year. This did not change 

 34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021. You can get used to most things

 35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Coming up empty here! Gonna give myself a pass.

Will I post more in 2022? Let's see!

1 comment:

roshni-mishra said...

I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post and you have expressed the words is very beautiful, like this You seem to have expressed your feelings. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. college girl gurgaon
beautiful Girl Gurgaon
online girl gurgaon
Gurugram Girl Number
Online Girl Number Dehradun
Gurgaon girl number
housewife Gurgaon
premium health
Health Tips