Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 in review

Here we are again. I'm not sure why I still do this. Part of me wants to start blogging again. Do people still blog? Do people read blogs? Anyway, I like at least having this yearly snapshot of my life, so here we go!

1. What did you do in 2022 that you’d never done before?  Hmm....I self published our book on Amazon. It was previously traditionally published but our contract ended in 2019. It's available again with a new cover.

On the Edge of My World https://a.co/d/adoDYV3


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, but I do want to refocus on my eating habits and try to drop a few pounds.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A beautiful lady I only know through social media gave birth after 8 years of infertility.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Adam's Uncle Ron passed away in November

5. What countries did you visit? Ha, no.

6. What would you like to have in 2023 that you didn’t have in 2022? A true end to the pandemic

7. What dates from 2022 will be etched upon your memory, and why? Accepting a job with direct reports. It was a big step and something I used to be strongly against doing. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year? My new position at work

9. What was your biggest failure? I refuse to focus on failure 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  I had a herniated disc in June that seems to be flaring up again. Also my doctors became concerned about my chronic low white blood cell counts, which took a dip recently. I had a bone marrow biopsy a few weeks ago to pinpoint the cause of my neutropenia. Genetic results are still pending but they found no abnormal cells which is great. They think I have a congenital condition, but they want to determine which one.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Way too much Holo Taco nail polish

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Pushing myself at work

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The repeal of Roe V Wade, for one thing. The political climate in this country right now terrifies me.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and Amazon

15. What did you get really excited about? When we got Rainer one year ago tomorrow!

16. What song will always remind you of 2022? Anything from Taylor Swifts Midnights Album

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer  or poorer? I've decided this question doesn't take me to good places mentally and I shall abstain from answering it.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Reading

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing out

20. How did you spend Christmas? We'd planned to have my sisters over, but Michelle tested positive for covid Christmas morning and it all kind of fell apart. We just had a quiet day at home and then video called them on the afternoon.

21. Did you fall in love in 2022? More and more every day with my husband and kids. I will never change this answer

22. What was your favorite TV show? The Orville. Please bring it back, Seth MacFarlane!!!

 23. What was the best book you read? The Almost Sisters by Joshilyn Jackson. I also enjoyed The Anthropocene Review by John Greene

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? TSwift Midnights and also some of her more recent albums I hadn't really listened to 

25. What did you want and get? For my family to stay safe and healthy-still true

26. What did you want and not get? To spend time with friends and family. Sadly still true. We are the rare ones still being super cautious. 

27. What was your favorite film of 2022? Offhand the only film I remember seeing new this year was Red. Very cute.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? It was a blessed Saturday! I did not have to work and we had Texas Roadhouse for dinner!

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? No pandemic, obviously.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2022? Work on top, lounge in bottom. Still my work from home standard. Also I did a new manicure every week this year

31. What kept you sane? Adam and the boys, YouTube, Netflix, music, painting my nails.

32. What political issue stirred you the most? Roe v Wade and the threat of taking away the rights of so many people

33. Who did you miss? My sister, my grandparents and my great aunt and my little Gabriel and all the friends and family I haven't seen in person this year. This did not change 

 34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2021. You can get used to most things

 35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Coming up empty here! Gonna give myself a pass.

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Thanks for the in-depth analysis you provide.