Monday, August 3, 2015

First Day of First Grade! And stuff

You guys, I have a First Grader!  How is that possible?  Tyler went back to school on Wednesday and he did great.  He was excited and full of news. I know he cried a few times, but that's just Tyler!

I got him dressed early Wednesday before work so I could take the obligatory First Day of school pictures.  He's so darn cute!!

Family photo!  Sorry it's blurry!

So big!

Notice Coconut the monkey hanging from his hand

#1 for First Grade!

Bye Gaga! (Don't worry, they aren't moving, therefore, no car seat)

Go Tyler!
Unfortunately, just like last year, he got sick by the end of the week! Friday night after school, my mom discovered he had a fever of 104.  Not good!  He spent a quiet weekend with a yo-yoing temp, but no other symptoms.  He finally has a normal temperature today, but the school says no school until he's been fever-free for 24 hours, so I had to keep him home.  Hopefully it's not a sign of a repeat of last year's absences!

Other updates:  Got our car back!  YAY!  It ended up costing us about $300 total, which considering our deductible was supposed to be $400, I'm saying it's a win!  They dealer was able to offer an appearance allowance for leaving some minor scratches and things.  We would have saved even more, but we opted to buy the insurance on our rental car, because we weren't feeling lucky.  Oh, and they fixed our broken wiper and we got a new battery too, since they said ours was going bad.  I'm ready to put it all behind me.

Last week was crummy.  I was tired and really busy at work and everything was just getting to me.  This week is shaping up better, although I'm not feeling great today, hope I'm not catching what Tyler had.

As always, thanks for reading, friends!   Here's one more pic of my boys!
*heart melts*

1 comment:

An said...

Such a handsome guy! I hope this is just an adjusting back to school sick and not a repeat.

Glad you got your car back!