Friday, September 1, 2017

50 Questions You've Never Been Asked

I'm such a sucker for these questionnaire posts! Does that make me a narcissist? Taking this one from Risa at http://risakerslakewrites.com/.

01. What’s your favorite candle scent?
I'd have to say Black Cherry. I gravitate toward fruity/berry scents. Lately I've been loving Cinnamon as well. I'm not sure where that came from.

02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Emma Stone. I just think she is so funny and would be a blast to hang around with. Although her gorgeousness would probably give me a complex.
 
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
I can't imagine having a brother. Right now I'm going to say James Cordon. I've been binge-watching episodes of Carpool Kareoke and I would just love to drive around and sing with him. And his accent is adorable.

04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
Well, I got married when I was 22, which was younger than I'd thought I'd be.


05. Do you know a hoarder?
Not in the extreme sense, no.

06. Can you do the splits?
Ha. No.
 
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I remember getting a "real" bike for my birthday when I was maybe 5? But I couldn't ride a two wheeler until I was probably 10.
 
08. How many oceans have you swam in?
Just one, the Atlantic when we honeymooned in the Bahamas!  I've only been to the ocean once and I can't even said I "swam". Mostly waded around and then rode a jet ski. It was beautiful and so clear, but I did wish I had watershoes, because it was super rocky to walk around in.


09. How many countries have you been to?
Just Canada (and the Bahamas)

10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
No. It's so admirable, but it was scare me to death.
 
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
Names are so hard for me. The plan when we had Tyler was a girl would have been Abigail. With AJ, we planned on Annabelle, I think? Right now I would pick neither of those. I'm quite partial to Hannah Rose, but I'm not sure I'd actually use it because I like names with nicknames.
 
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
I don't have another boys name in mind, really. Obviously we've chose Tyler, Alexander, and Gabriel.
 
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I probably got at least 1 F on some quiz or test.
 
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?
Probably Full House

15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
Oh man, I don't really remember by year...I was a ballerina, a princess...I don't even remember very many of my costumes. The mind is going, I guess lol!

16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Oh yes, I've read all three. Harry Potter was huge for me.

17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
Oh British, I love it.
 
18. Did your mother go to college?
She actually got a college degree in accounting about 10 years ago, accomplishing something she'd always wanted to.

19. Are your grandparents still married?
Both sets of my grandparents have passed away and 3 out of 4 of Adam's Grandparents. All of them were married when the first of each couple passed though. My mom's parents were married more than 50 years when my Grandpa died.



20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No, that's not something that appeals to me.
 
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Child of the 80's, of course!
 
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I went to Santa Claus Land (Now Holiday World) when I was a tiny baby.
 
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I took many years of French class, but never became fluent. I'd probably most like to be fluent in sign language, it facinates me.
 
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray?
Oh, I've probably done both!

25. Is your father bald?  
Nope, he's very white though. And in denial about it.

 

26. Do you know any triplets? 
I don't believe so. Lots of twins, though.
 

27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I've actually never watched the Notebook. I probably should do that. Titanic is great though. I saw it on a date with a guy in high school and he left the theater to use the bathroom when Jack and Rose were still in the water. I knew our relationship was as doomed as Jack.
 
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
No. Too much spice for me, I think.
 
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?
Texas Roadhouse. Yummy.
 
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
I don't know what that is. Should I?

31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
No. We had a membership for one year and literally didn't use it once after the first time.

32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I was supposed to be a boy. They told my mom she was having boy/girl twins. I was going to be Alex.

33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Liss, Lissy, Mel. Adam mostly calls me Babe.
 
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world?
Three way tie for my boys.

35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
Halfway in between. I don't want to live literally in a city, but not too far from convenience either. That's why I live in the 'burbs.
 

36. Can you whistle?
Sure. I can whistle when breathing in or out.
 
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No. I like it pretty dark but not pitch black.
 

38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
Week days yes. I sometimes skip on the weekend.

39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
Yes. I take medication for my lupus, along with a multivitamin and Vitamin D.

40. What medical conditions do you have?
Lupus, neutropenia (low white blood cell count), coloboma (eye)

41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
I've had I think 7 surgeries, but most of them were outpatient. Aside from being born, I've stayed in the hospital 3 times--when the boys were born and my appendectomy.


42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Of course!
 
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
Old Navy, usually.


44. What’s the last compliment you got?
My coworker said she liked my top today.
 
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
If I do, it's usually because they are super strange or bad.

46. What flavor of tea do you enjoy?
I haven't tasted a lot of different types. I did have raspberry leaf tea when I was trying to get labor going with AJ and it was quite tasty.

47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
A lot, but I don't really wear a lot of different ones. Probably about 8 pairs I wear regularly.

48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
Christian/Catholic
 
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I don't remember a revelation of any kind, I just sort of knew.

50. Why do you have a blog?
I started one because Angie had one and it was funny. Over time it became a place to document things I want to remember, sort of a diary. No one reads, but I'm okay with that. It will help me remember things and I like that.

2 comments:

Risa Kerslake said...

You have to see The Notebook!!! Of course I saw it in the theater when I was a teenager, so it probably meant more then. ;) And I love Texas Roadhouse too!!! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 800 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $80 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

Best,
Ann
ann@anagraminteractive.com