Monday, July 16, 2007

What is your time worth?

It's truly one of life's biggest injustices. Waiting for fricken ever at the doctor's office. I had an appointment today at 3:30. Punctual (almost to the point of compulsive) person that I am, I arrived 15 minutes early. I signed in and made my cutsey little marks on one of those stupid pictures of a body, showing where the pain is an what kind of pain it is. Duh. It's the kind that hurts. Then I sat down for what I thought would be a few minutes of reading. 3:30 came and went. 3:45 passed too. I wasn't complaining. But when it was 4:20 and I was still sitting there I wasn't really happy. I mean, these offices won't hesitate to make you reschedule your appointment if you are 15 minutes late, but they'll leave you waiting hours for them! And that's just to get into the bloody exam room! Then you have to wait for a nurse or a PA or something. Then they usually examine you and then you have to wait for someone else. I have to miss work when I go to the doctor. Granted, I'm salary so I am still getting paid, but there are still lots of other places I'd rather be. Plus it's always so damn cold in there. They expect people to sit there in a paper gown? My fricken headlights would rip holes in the damn thing!

They were so late getting me in today, that once they did, I didn't have time to do the treatment I was there for. Yeah. So now I have to wait another 2 weeks for the relief I should have had today. But their time is worth more than mine, right?

No comments: