I see a lot of people on facebook listing something they are thankful for--one thing for each day in November. Since my time is limited these days I figured I'd write it all out in one blog post instead of trying to commit to remembering to post something every day. I apologize in advance if some of this is corny! Here they are, in no particular order:
1 and 2. I am thankful for my children, Tyler Nicolas and Alexander Jacob. Tyler is hilarious and adorable, He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and he has taught me so much. I want so badly to be the best mom I can for him and he doesn't seem to mind that it's a struggle for me to try to get there! I fought so hard to conceive AJ and I am so grateful to have him in my life! His little smiles remind me of that every day!
3. I am thankful for my wonderful husband Adam. He is the most patient, sweet, genuine, laid back person I have ever met in my life and I am so lucky to have him. I can't imagine anyone else that would put up with me and the craziness that my life sometimes is. I don't know what I would do without him. He is my rock. And he has given me such precious gifts in our children.
4. I am thankful for my mother. She is my best friend, the person I look to for advice and reassurance. She has survived so much in her life and it inspires me. She is a huge part of my life and I can't imagine not having her around.
5, 6, and 7. I am thankful for my big sisters Nicky and Michelle and my twin sister Angie. Although I never met Nicky, I have loved and missed her for my whole life. Knowing of her has taught me to appreciate what I have and to never ever forget those I've loved. Michelle has been the quintessential big sister--always there to take care of me, watch out for me, and comfort me. We are so much alike and I love that I can talk to her about anything. Angie makes me laugh like no one else in the world can. We are so different but somehow that makes us have so much more fun together. We have a bond I can have with no one else.
8. I am thankful for my job. It's not always paradise, but I truly enjoy the people I work with and the benefits of my company have helped me out immensely.
9. I am thankful for my home--my hometown and my actual home. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
10. I am thankful for my family. I love them all!
11. I am thankful for my friends, too many to list them all separately. Whether they are real life friends, "virtual friends", facebook friends or some combination therein, they each bring something special and irreplaceable in my life. Support, comfort, understanding, humor, and so much more. I couldn't exist without them!
12. I am thankful for music. It has helped me through so many rough days!
13. I am thankful for my education--it cost my parents (and eventually it will cost me) a lot, but I don't know where I'd be if I hadn't had the opportunities I've had.
14. I am thankful for my struggles, because they've made me who I am.
15. I am thankful for humor, whatever way I can get it!
16. I am thankful for butterflies. They hold a deep meaning for me and I can't see one without smiling. Beautiful and free.
17. I am thankful for the people in my life that have changed me, sacrificed things for me, and taught me things.
18. I am thankful for the teachers in my life--teachers by trade (Mrs. Redding and Ms. Joseph especially) and the family and friends that have filled that role in times.
19. I am thankful for experiences--trips I've taken, things I've seen, heartbreaks, and triumphs.
20. I am thankful for chocolate and frozen cokes!
21. I am thankful for coworkers that have understood me and supported me (Michele, Sherry, Tod, Toni, Barb, Kerry, Mandy and many others).
22. I am thankful for my struggle with infertility. It has opened me up to a whole world of special woman. I feel blessed to know their stories and have felt their support. To share something like that brought some amazing woman from all over so close to me.
23. I am thankful for my creativity. I'll probably never make a life out of it, but it brings me so much enjoyment to belt out a song in the car or finish a story or poem.
24. I am thankful for stories. I love to be brought to laughter and tears by a great book or movie.
25. I am thankful for my family members that have died. My sister, my great aunt, my grandparents...the memories I have of them are priceless.
26. I am thankful for my health and the health of those I love. So many are not so fortunate.
27. I am thankful that I am able to share what I have with others.
28. I am thankful that I am a little bit of a sap, because I think it means I enjoy things that others don't notice.
29. I am thankful for inside jokes and old family stories.
30. I am thankful I have so much to be thankful for!