Oh my goodness, I always forget how insane December can get! I'm glad it's over, but I'm actually having a hard time adjusting to not being so busy! I still want to do my ornament post, but I haven't had any luck getting good pics. My cell phone flashes too much. We'll see if I get it done before we take down the tree!
Still going strong on the fitness front--I placed second in the challenge at work, with a total of 13% lost--the winner lost 14%, so close! I'll get $100, so that's good. I've been doing Jillian's Shred It With Weights, which is a kettlebell workout--super intense! Next up is abs, I feel the burn already!
Christmas was very nice. AJ still doesn't totally "get" it, but Tyler had a ton of fun. I'm loving my kindle fire (thanks babe!) and my mom likes hers too. New Years was quiet and uneventful, aside from Tyler being a little bit sicky.
And so! Another year gone! Last year was...well it was! Nothing horrifically awful, nothing amazingly life changing! So here's my yearly survey thingy!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I visited the West Coast, California! It was AWESOME!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for
I don't know that I "resolved" anything, but I finally FINALLY made some major progress on losing weight and getting healthy. I'm inching toward 40 lbs lost and I LOVE IT!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Pam had her first baby girl in April!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Adam's Grandpa passed away just a few weeks ago.
5. What countries did you visit? Still no progress on that one.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you didn’t have in 2013?
I would like to be able to buy a bigger house that suits my growing family better!--That was last years answer, but it REALLY needs to happen this year!
7. What dates from 2013 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing really jumps out this year. I'm okay with that though, we'll call it a rebuilding year
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Has to be getting healthier, dropping over 35 lbs and at least two pants sizes!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I'd like to think I didn't have any major failures!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, stayed pretty healthy this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well we bought two "new" cars this year and I am really hoping they go on to be reliable long time vehicles for us!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
AJ's milestones--it's so fun to watch them do things for the first time!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nothing is immediately coming to mind. I'm sure there were news stories that got to me though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, cars, kids
15. What did you get really excited about?
California and each pound that I lost!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. She annoys the pants off of me and that video is needlessly raunchy, but I like the song, damn it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b)
thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, THINNER (YAY!), and about the same I guess
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I can't really think of anything
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We stayed at home and enjoyed ourselves immensely!
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
More and more with my kids and hubby every day
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Still gotta be the Big Bang Theory!
23. What was the best book you read?
A tie between "Single Infertile Female" and "Hyperbole and a Half" both written by bloggers I adore.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm sort of in love with Pink!
25. What did you want and get?
26. What did you want and not get?
A promotion and a house
27. What was your favorite film of 2013?
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31! I think we were all just getting over being sick and I was super busy at work, but I'm sure we had dinner and cake and loveliness.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2013? Well, not by choice, but baggy clothes! Nothing fits, in a good way!
31. What kept you sane?
My family, especially my kiddos, my friends, working out (it's true, it's stress relieving) and a little bit of relaxation time daily.
32. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm so sick about hearing about the healthcare drama I could puke.
33. Who did you miss?
My sister, my grandparents and my great aunt--still true
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Take time to work on yourself is sooo important!
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year."Say what you want to say, let the words fall out honestly. I want to see you be Brave!" Brave by Sarah Bareilles