Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bummin'

I'm feeling pretty bummed today....Aunt Flo (AF as she's know in TTC (trying to conceive) speak) arrived today. Another unsuccessful month. Adam and I gave it our best this month. I got a positive OPK (ovulation predictor kit) 5 days in a row. I thought I had some symptoms like extreme weepiness, fatigue, backache, sore breasts....but I guess these were in my head, cause there she was this afternoon. I even toyed with the possibility that it was implantation bleeding. I'm delusional. Or desperate. Ugh I know it's pathetic. I have a beautiful son, it'll happen when it's meant, yada yada. But this is my blog, right? I can bitch about this? Right? Next month would put a baby due near xmas and the next month would be near Tyler's bday...I didn't want either of those, but I don't want to stop either. Ugh, just the cherry on top of a crap sundae of a week.

Speaking of TTC speak, I'm amazed at all the acronyms! I've been hanging out on some forums (big mistake, I know) Can you guess these? Highlight after the acronym to see answer.

BD Baby Dance
AF Aunt Flo aka period
BFN Big Fat Negative
BFP Big Fat Positive
CD Cycle Day
DPO Days Past Ovulation
HPT Home Pregnancy Test
POAS Pee on a Stick
TWW/2WW Two Week Wait (refers to time between Ovulation and Next expected period)

I swear, it's another language entirely!

Okay, moving on...shake it off. Life goes on. On the upside, new posting series premiere coming soon! (I know, my whole 3 or 4 readers will be on the edges of their seats LOL) Twin and I are going to take a photo series of field trips with DOMO! Domo is...well a Domo....a little Japanese character. He's squarish and has a large gaping mouth. Her Domo was crocheted for her by a coworker. He is awesome and we will be traveling the city with him, taking fun photos and I'll be posting them here with some fun captions. So stay tuned! I promise that postings to come will be more upbeat!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Sorry that this wasn't your month, Melissa. Hugs. I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but how about I send some prayers your way instead?

Melissa said...

Thanks Darcy!