Monday, August 8, 2011

Blame it on the hormones

Today was not a good day.  I think I'm in a bit of a funk.  Work isn't great, home isn't great, I'm worried about a hundred and one things.  Tyler's been super fussy, not sleeping well, and not eating well.

And now I'm messing with my hormones. Yeah, that was smart.

I was ranting a little (okay, a lot) at work today.  This was not the day to try to deal with the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.  I have a theory that they hold auditions to work at the BMV instead of interviews, because it seems like the most unpleasant people work there.  Anyway, long story short, I was trying to set up an account on their dealer website so that I can order temporary license plates for our customers.  We just found out it has to be done online now.  So the website said to enter my dealer number and they would email me the new password.  But they don't have my email.  There was a note that said that if that was the case, to call this phone number to have an email added.  So I did that.  And the lady said I had to have a letter signed by one of three people listed in their system.  The first two have retired. The third is the OWNER of my company.  Yeah, I need to bother the owner of my company and ask him to please have the Indiana BMV add my email address to their system.

Seems pretty trivial to me and I'm sure it will seem trivial to him as well, but that's what I've got to do.  So anyway, I was telling my boss this and describing the snarkiness of the BMV employee and he (not so delicately, I might add) asked if I had started taking my fertility medication.

I sort of just stared at him for a minute, at first sort of taken aback that he would ask me that.

And then I thought, "Huh.  Yeah, I guess that could be it."

And the cherry on the craptastic day?  I broke my glasses.  I was pulling a shirt off over my head and crack!  The leg snapped clean off.  So I will be walking around with scotch tape around my glasses until the weekend when I can go get them fixed.  I could really use the "Reparo" charm right now.

*sigh*

On the plus side (gotta try to find one), my hormone levels at my appointment were fine.  My ultrasound must have been too, since they gave me the prescription for Clomid. I haven't heard back about my Glucose and Insulin levels, but I felt pretty much fine after drinking the lovely orange soda, so I think it'll come back okay too.  AND I'm taking vacation next week.  Even if homelife isn't great right now, it's got to be better than work and homelife put together, right?





right?





Anyone?  Bueller?

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Hang in there, Melissa. :) Sometimes it seems like everything hits us at once.