- Saturday was errands: Running to the
ComcastXfinity store for a new remote. Our old one took a dip in Tyler's potty one day, thanks to Gracie knocking it off the couch one day when we hadn't gotten around to emptying it's contents. Icky. Then it was off to grab some lunch, then we stopped at the second hand kids clothing store (Once Upon a Child) for some great deals on shorts for both boys and a couple of onesies for AJ and a couple of DVDs for Tyler. Then we did our usual shopping at Walmart.
- Sunday was grocery shopping and then my mom and Tyler and I went out looking for shoes for my mom. She didn't find any that day, but I'm still tempted to go back for a pair of feather light super comfy sketchers I saw at shoe carnival!
|Mom and I loved these! They were actually really comfy. Anyone know of a pair sans glitz?|
- Sunday afternoon Adam, the boys and I went to Adam's sister's house for her middle's son's 11th birthday party. He was born just a few months after Adam and I met. Happy birthday Dagyn! Tyler had a ton of fun playing with his cousins!
- Monday, we visited one of Adam's favorites, the Goodwill outlet! He likes to rummage in the bins and find things to resell on Ebay. And of course Tyler likes to find little odds and ends, especially hot wheels! Then we went to Walmart and my mom found some shoes and we purchased a much needed swiffer wet jet and a mini vacuum. Crawling baby means vacuuming much more often! We had lunch at a buffet and even AJ enjoyed it, eating quite a large portion of mashed up potatoes and carrots and some applesauce!
- Tuesday we did a little more Goodwill shopping where Adam found some great deals on software and I scored a 4x6 photo printer! Then we stopped at the cemetary where my sister is buried and put out new flowers (we'd been meaning to do it for months! We bought everything ages ago, but the weather was bad and then we just kept forgetting!). Then we took a little picnic lunch to the park and had lunch and let Tyler run and play!
|Tyler at the park. He's not very sure of climbing still.|
|LOVE this kid!|
|AJ at the park. It's a bit sunny for him!|
- Tuesday night my mom watched the boys so Adam and I could go out for a little date night! We had dinner at our favorite, Texas Roadhouse and then went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. BONUS, it was playing at the $1.50 theater! It was a really good movie, I always like them a lot more than I think I will! It was nice to have time with my hubby!
- Wednesday the weather was just perfect, sunny but cooler. We'd reserved it specifically to go to the State Fair. We had a great time, ate all the great foods, browsed the shops, rode a few rides with Tyler, and my mom and I even got to take a turn in the Lottery's bonus booth, gathering up as many points as possible via flying papers to earn prizes! It was crazy! Tyler had a blast and AJ was good too, only really fussing when he was hungry. Love the fair!!! I can't remember a year when we haven't gone!
|You can't really tell, but that's Tyler in there.|
- Thursday-Friday was back to work, where our brand new air conditioner had ceased to work. Again. Good times. It's not quite so horrible this time, it seems to be pretending to work just a little bit.
- Saturday and Sunday were various errands and general cold-induced lying around.
|Bathtime for AJ! Don't mind the mohawk|
AJ is suddenly a master at crawling and sitting up. He had us a little worried with his lack of sitting up unassisted and now he does it and is like, "What? I knew I could do it."
Forgive me, I'm trying to finish this up on my phone on the way to work
Adam is driving of course
I am feeling distinctly fuzzy-brained. Blah summer colds