Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pay it Forward For Brinly and Jude

Okay, I know I don't have a lot of followers, but if one other person decides to do this, it's worth the time, so here goes. 

On Saturday, March 15th (this Saturday) I will perform a random act of kindness in honor of Brinley and Jude, twin babies of Holly and Darren from the blog Oh Baby, Baby.  I am sad to say I only became aware of Holly's blog during the devastating loss of her beloved twins, due to PPROM (premature rupture of the membranes) and incompetent cervix.  Holly and Darren had been through three IVFs (an early miscarriage, a failed cycle, and finally a triplet pregnancy, though the third baby was lost at 9 weeks).  Holly's water broke at 17 weeks and she delivered her daughter Brinley days later.  They did everything they could to continue the pregnancy with her son Jude, but due to an infection in the placenta, she delivered him at 21 weeks.  No woman should ever have to face what Holly has.  In response to the many "How can we help?" and "What can we do?" questions she and her husband have received, they've decided to organize this event to honor their babies. 

It's pretty straightforward.  On Saturday, perform a random act of kindness. It can be anything.  Holly gives some suggestions here.  Then, post a comment or send her an email (shown on this post), letting her know what you did to honor her children.  Take pictures if you can, I know she'll treasure them.

And please, if you feel like it, pass this on. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan to do something, although I don't know what yet! I think it's such a great way to honour Brinly and Jude.

MaryFran said...

What a great giving way those parents came up with to honor their children!

Frozen OJ said...

I don't know if I will participate since I basically never leave the house or see anyone but my husband, mom, and little sister, but they will definitely be in my thoughts.