Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunshine Award! Yes, again!

Even though I have gotten it before, Stasy at Dancing My Way Through Life, Loss and Books nominated me again for the Sunshine Award!  I've been reading Stasy's blog for a few years now and have followed along through the birth of her sweet rainbow baby GT.  Thanks Stasy!




The Sunshine Award is given to those bloggers who brighten your day. Here's how it works:

  • Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
  • Link to the person who nominated you.
  • Answer ten questions about yourself.
  • Nominate ten bloggers to receive the award.
  • Link your nominees and let them know they've been nominated.
Stacy's questions:

  1. If you could have any super/magical power, what would it be?  I think I'd like to be telekenetic, that seems like a cool power.  Though it might encourage me to be too lazy!
  2. What is your worst vice?  I don't tend to be the most patient person in the world. 
  3. What is your favorite thing about yourself?  I think I'm a very dependable person.  There isn't much I wouldn't do for a friend or family member in need.
  4. What is your favorite book?  Oh that's hard.  I guess I'd say the Hunger Games Trilogy.
  5. If you had to choose between losing your cell phone or losing your car (with no way to replace either), which would you choose?  Oh lord I would hate either one.  I guess I'll be sensible, I can't work if I don't have a car.  But my kindle and I would probably get super close if I didn't have my cell phone.
  6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Mint Chocolate Chip!
  7. M/F/K the guys from Friends: Ross, Chandler, and Joey. LOL I had to look up what M/F/K meant, I guess I'm getting old!  I didn't watch a ton of Friends either...but I think I'd marry Ross, he seems my type (sweet teddy bear, funny).  The other two are tougher.  Joey is cute but annoying and honestly I don't remember that much about Chandler.  I think Joey would annoy me too much, so I guess he dies. LOL
  8. If you had to choose between chocolate and alcohol (wine/beer/liquor) for the rest of your life, which would you choose?  Chocolate, not even a close one.  I don't drink very much so I could totally live without it.
  9. What is your favorite thing about your significant other?   His sense of humor.  He has a very infectious laugh too!
  10. Why did you start blogging?  Oh gosh....well, Twin was actively blogging at the time and I wanted a chance to be funny like her and I guess I've always wanted people to read my writing, so until I come up with an ideal for a novel that wouldn't suck, I guess this filled the void.  Over time, it's become a place for me to express my thoughts and worries.  It went from random and a little shallow to a place to document my first few years as a mom, then document my struggle with infertility and onto being a second time mom.  Now it's a place to continue to store memories with my kids, as well as my fitness journey and beyond.  I don't have a lot of readers, but I decided that as long as it feels good to me to write here, I'll keep doing so even if no one reads!

My nominees:
I've already nominated a list HERE, so if you were nominated by me back then and didn't have a chance to post, here's your second chance!  In addition, I'll add a few of my more recent bloggy friends.
Some of these women are new or expecting mama's following infertility, some still in the trenches or are braving infertility again in hopes of adding to their families.  They are all strong, smart, funny ladies and I so enjoy reading their blogs!

My Questions
1.  What is your greatest accomplishment?
2.  What was the last dream you had about?
3.  Do you have any interesting quirks?
4.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5.  If you could have any career (including SAHM), what would it be (talent/education not a factor)?
6.  You can go back in time and change one event in history--your own, the worlds, whatever--What would you change and why?
7.  What is  your favorite sound and why?
8.  Tell me a secret!  
9. What is your biggest fear?
10.  What is your favorite way to de-stress?

1 comment:

An said...

I love your answers! (And that you had to look up M/F/K.)