Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Seriously Six?!

I can't believe that six years ago, I became a mom!  I can't believe my sweet, smart, AMAZING Tyler is six years old today!  Last night, I told him about the day he was born and he seemed to really like to hear about it.  I told him about the snow and about our first reality check moment as parents.  This morning, I watched the clock for 6:17 am, the exact moment he entered my life.  I still can't believe how fast time flies!  Tyler, of course, had to go to school, but I was able to take a long lunch and go down to the school and take a little McDonald's and have lunch with him. It was so sweet to see him with his friends and see him be so excited to have us there (Adam came too, even though he was home sick with an awful head cold and almost no voice).  We also sent in cupcakes for his snack day in the classroom and the class all sang to him.  His best friend Lorelei made him a card and she and her mom gave him some cute little gifts and her mom video taped her singing Happy Birthday to him and posted it on face.book. It was SOOOO adorable!  Tonight, we got Steak N Shake for dinner (one of Tyler's favorites, he loves their vegetable soup, believe it or not) and then did presents and cake.  It was fun.  We also had a family party on Sunday at a pizza place nearby--a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party of course!  It was fun and went off well, even at short notice (I booked the party on like Tuesday!).  So birthday win!

I've got more to say but I think I'm going to keep it Tyler-focused today, so stay tuned for more updates!

I will leave you with pictures!



Turtle Tyler ready for his party!

Cupcakes! Tyler prefers the icing

Turtle blimp!


Selfie with the birthday boy!





5 comments:

An said...

Awww! What a cutie!

Happy Birthday, little dude!

Brianna said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I bet it seems like yesterday that you brought him home from the hospital.

Melissa said...

Thanks ladies! It really does feel like I blinked and he's a big boy!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm delayed on this but Happy Sixth Birthday Tyler! My nephew turns seven this year and I just can't understand how that happened .... where did the toddler who refused to potty train become this charming, witty, energetic little boy who (thank goodness) uses the bathroom all on his own! Lol. I hope you enjoyed the celebration and took some time to tend to your Mama's heart too. :-)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Looks like a wonderful 6 years!!!