Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm Henry the VIII I am!

Well I'm not, but I'll bet you are singing the song or at least thinking about that bit in "Ghost" right now!  I am, however, thanks to my mother's extensive research on Ancestry.com, related to his very last wife, Catherine Parr.  Seriously!  She had no children with him, so I'm not really related to him by any blood, but still.  She was almost beheaded, but managed to talk him out of it!  She was married to him for about 4 years before he died.  She died shortly after the King, at the ripe old age of 36, probably from complications from childbirth (she remarried 6 months after the king died...not much of a cool down period). She was married 4 times total!  She was widowed by the first 3!  Black Widow?

I have to say, I think that's kind of cool!  My mom is obsessed with Ancestry.  In fact, we're going on a little road trip next week to take pictures of the headstones of our family members.  I think it's cool to learn about people I'm related to.  Who are you related to?

No comments: