Thursday, August 23, 2012

Check Out Baby Big Head!

5 points for knowing the movie this post title is from :D

33 weeks pregnant!  Little Alexander is the size of a honeydew melon this week, according to my ticker.  According to Tuesday's ultrasound, he's estimated at about 5 lbs 12 oz--in the 95th percentile for his gestational age.  Overachieving little chunker!  He's doing well and my fluid measured fine for the second week in a row, which makes me think the first high measurement was probably off.  He was nice and active for the NST too--a little too active, he kept running away from the monitor which makes the test take forever.  That and the fact that the medical assistant kept leaving the room and coming when he'd been off for awhile.  I'm going to start "finding" him again myself when she's not in the room.  No OB appointment until next week, but so far everything looks good.

I think I had some braxton hicks contractions yesterday.  It occurred to me I never had any contractions with Tyler until they started me on petocin, so it's sort of new to me.  My belly got tight and I felt like I needed to catch my breath.  Luckily, drinking some water seemed to make them go away.  And resulted in a few extra trips to the bathroom during the night.  *sigh*

AJ finally showed his face during the ultrasound!  He has chubby cheeks and I think he was sucking his fingers!
So cute, right? :)

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Not long now!!!

notanillusion said...

My little buddy! You're so handsome!

(And Juno.)