Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Plateau

Man, I would post a lot more often if Blogger would stop CRASHING on my phone all the time!!!!  Grr.  Anyway.  I guess it was just a matter of time before I hit the dreaded plateau.  I'm there.  It started off when the weight loss challenge at work ended.  I allowed myself to slack slightly on workouts and food, then things got stressful at home (nothing bad, just very busy and a lot going on), then I caught a cold that was awful for two weeks and lingered longer than that.  On the plus side, I've basically maintained (my weight fluctuates up and down every day, but basically it has a sort of average), which is awesome.  It lets me know that once I've gotten to a goal weight, I should be able to maintain it pretty well with 3-4 workouts a week and watching what I eat.  On the down side, I just haven't managed to buckle down and really get the routine back.

I had been doing an ab DVD, but I decided it probably wasn't as effective at weight loss as it is toning, so I'll save it for later.  I splurged a bit on phase 1 of Jillian's Body Revolution.  It's a slightly different program of hers.  Basically there are 5 workouts--4 circuit training and one cardio.  Weeks 1 and 2 are basically this:  Monday-Workout 1, Tuesday-Workout 2, Wednesday-Cardio, Thursday-Workout 1, Friday-Workout 2, Saturday-Cardio, Sunday rest.  Then weeks 3 and 4 is the same, but with workouts 3 and 4.  I like this kind of set up, something different every day.  It comes with a resistance band too, which is a nice thing to add to my repertoire, though you only use it once is workout 2 so far.  There are two more phases after this one, for a 90 day program altogether, although I can't seem to find anywhere that sells the second or third phase WITHOUT being bundled with the first, but I guess I'll figure that out later.  I did three days last week and then life happened and I got distracted.

I have to recommit.  With today's weigh in, I have officially lost 40 lbs (my ticker has been rounding down for the last two weeks since I last updated it--I had been at 39.6 so it bumped me to 40), but that's only down 3.8 lbs since 1/6 and I need to do better than that.  I can do better than that.  I'm not going to let it get me down, I'm still doing well.  I didn't stop watching what I ate altogether, I didn't stop working out, I just relaxed my habits a bit.  But its time to get serious again.  I still want to hit my primary goal weight of 155 lbs by my one year mark, July 11th.  That's 137 days from now or 19.5 weeks.  That basically means I need to average about 1.5 lbs a week.  So far I've averaged 1.2 lbs per week.  I can do it, but it won't be easy.  But to quote Bethany Hamilton (or the movie about her, at least), "I don't need easy, I just need possible."

I need to get back to tracking my calories.  I hate it, but I do better if I'm tracking.  And I want to get back to working out 5-6 days a week at least.  I need to MAKE time.  This is important.  I feel better physically having lost 40 lbs, I know I'll only feel better losing more.   I like how I look in clothing better now, but I know I can look better (darn stubborn tummy).

I can DO this!

In other news, had a great three day weekend to make up for a rotten/busy few ones recently. Adam's been working (installing flooring and doing two Saturday's this month) so we really needed a nice weekend and we got one.  Friday we hit a few Goodwills (he hunts for things to sell online) and I even scored with a couple of sets of ankle and wrist weights and a few other items (usually I don't find anything for myself).  We had a nice lunch with mom and the kids too and went back out in the evening for one more goodwill and dinner, just Adam and me and the boys.  Saturday was errands, hitting the mall for a few things, and buying a new microwave.  The Saturday evening was DATE NIGHT!  We had a great time, dinner at our favorite steakhouse and a movie.  There wasn't much out we were interested in seeing, so we opted to see Frozen, which twin said was awesome. She was right, it's adorable!  Great music, super sweet (and sad) story, lots of funny bits.  We felt silly, two adults seeing it, but I don't regret it. I wished we'd brought Tyler, but I'm not sure he's ready to sit through a whole movie.  Sunday was grocery shopping and then twin came over for dinner and I had her look through some of my old clothes that I'm getting ready to take for consignment.

Oh...one more thing I did on Friday.

Registered Tyler for kindergarten.

WHERE did my BABY go?!

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

You can totally do this! The Plateau is always hard, but you can definitely push past this! Just keep going!