So before I get on to the birthday celebrations, here's what Tyler is like at 5!
- He weighs 37 lbs and is 41 inches tall. He's still on the smaller size for his age, but he gained quite a bit on height this year!
- He still struggles with reflux and right now that's only made worse because my insurance doesn't want to cover his meds anymore. We've appealed, but so far no change. We're trying a different medication, but his eating has suffered, so I am thinking it's not going to work, at least not long term. It's so frustrating!
- He's still a very picky eater. His favorite foods are pizza, fries, chicken nuggets (McDonalds only), vegetable soup, strawberries, and cheese.
- He has endless energy!
- He loves hotwheels, dinosaurs, and BUGS
- He loves to play with his baby brother and make him laugh
- He is starting to read! I think it's more of recognizing word than truly reading them, but I'm astonished at how many he is picking up!
- He loves red, green, blue and purple, changing his favorite color every day. But when it comes to socks, red is his absolute favorite! He also recently got a pair of red rubber boots.
- He love anything electronic and is a whiz at it.
- He still surprises people with the things he says, he's scary smart
- Our special phrase that he loves is "I love you. So much. To the moon and back. Forever and ever, no matter what." <3
I don't have as many pictures as I want. I have GOT to get a decent camera, so many are coming out horribly blurry!
|Daddy presents Tyler's Throne|
|The prince approves!|
|Time out for a birthday call from Grandma and Grandpa Long|
*You can see in some of the pictures that lovely bruise on his poor little face! We were picking up a few things for the party at a party supply store and he ran smack into a basket that was hanging low on a shelf. Poor guy!
|Reading the card|
|Checking it out!|
|Daddy with AJ|
|Tyler and his cousin Toby checking out his new cars|