Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fantastic Five!

It happened.  My baby turned five last week!  I can't believe how fast he is growing up!  Guys, I started contacting schools for KINDERGARTEN last week!  How is it possible???

So before I get on to the birthday celebrations, here's what Tyler is like at 5!
  • He weighs 37 lbs and is 41 inches tall.  He's still on the smaller size for his age, but he gained quite a bit on height this year!
  • He still struggles with reflux and right now that's only made worse because my insurance doesn't want to cover his meds anymore.  We've appealed, but so far no change.  We're trying a different medication, but his eating has suffered, so I am thinking it's not going to work, at least not long term. It's so frustrating!
  • He's still a very picky eater.  His favorite foods are pizza, fries, chicken nuggets (McDonalds only), vegetable soup, strawberries, and cheese.
  • He has endless energy!
  • He loves hotwheels, dinosaurs, and BUGS
  • He loves to play with his baby brother and make him laugh
  • He is starting to read!  I think it's more of recognizing word than truly reading them, but I'm astonished at how many he is picking up!
  • He loves red, green, blue and purple, changing his favorite color every day.  But when it comes to socks, red is his absolute favorite!  He also recently got a pair of red rubber boots.
  • He love anything electronic and is a whiz at it.
  • He still surprises people with the things he says, he's scary smart
  • Our special phrase that he loves is "I love you. So much. To the moon and back. Forever and ever, no matter what." <3
On his birthday, we had considered going out for dinner, but the snowy roads discouraged that, so we brought home one of his favorites (Steak and Shake, he loves their veggie soup).  He had been so excited all day and waited so patiently for evening to come (since we had to work of course).  He was thrilled with his very own recliner, table top foosball, pinball machine, and DVDs.

I don't have as many pictures as I want.  I have GOT to get a decent camera, so many are coming out horribly blurry!
Photos:
Daddy presents Tyler's Throne

The prince approves!

Time out for a birthday call from Grandma and Grandpa Long
Sunday we held his birthday party for our close family.  We don't have enough room to have it at home inside so we had it at a local pizza place.  We had his party there two years ago as well and I realized yesterday during the party that two years ago at the very place I'd just found out I was pregnant with AJ. So Aw! :)  Anyway, Tyler had a blast!  Pizza, cake (and cake pops), presents, family, what more could a kid want?

*You can see in some of the pictures that lovely bruise on his poor little face!  We were picking up a few things for the party at a party supply store and he ran smack into a basket that was hanging low on a shelf.  Poor guy!

What's inside?

Reading the card

Checking it out!



Happy guy!

Daddy with AJ

Tyler and his cousin Toby checking out his new cars
I can't believe it's been five years since this little life-changer was born.  He's is so precious to me!  LOVE HIM!

1 comment:

Kiddo Bliss said...

Awwwwww Happy Birthday Tyler!!