Friday, July 15, 2011

Something to look forward to

I've always set myself little events to look forward to.  Usually it's a visit with a friend, a night out with my husband, a day of work, whatever.  It's something I started doing in middle school when I was really depressed.  You see, my middle school (which was the same as my elementary school) was quite small.  It's a private school and the classes very small. For example, my class in 8th grade graduated with 16 students.  And that was the entire 8th grade.  I was not popular by any means.  I was actually the polar opposite of popular.  I had my tiny group of friends and a small group of people that sort of made my life miserable.  There were also people who pretty much stayed out of it, or just laughed instead of joining in.  Anyway, I got really depressed that year.  I hated school and wanted so badly for the year to end that I started doing this. I would think of something to look forward to that was happening in the next few days or weeks.  Eventually the year ended, but this habit of mine remained.

Two things I have been looking to are Adam and my wedding anniversary and the release of the FINAL (gasp, sob) Harry Potter movie.  Since both of those things are happening this weekend, I'm rolling them into one.  Tomorrow night, Adam and I will go out to dinner (Texas Roadhouse, our favorite) and then to the movies to see the HP movie.  I'm so excited! If you are new to my blog, I'm a big HP fan.  I can't wait to see the rest of the story played out on screen, even if it means there will be no more.

Life has been hard and stressful lately, but having things like this to look forward to have helped me get through them.  Now I'm just looking forward to enjoying my weekend, my seventh anniversary, a great meal, and what promises to be a great movie.

Enjoy your weekends too, dear reader! 

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend. :) I'm sorry that those are the memories you have of that time in your life. Kids can be so cruel. But you showed all of them because you are a fantastic person, Melissa! Hugs.