Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 18: IF treatments


If your insurance covered infertility treatments at 100%, unlimited attempts - what would you try and for how long?

This is an interesting question.  Honestly, I would probably try it all, if I had to.  I would take it a step at a time and progress to the next thing if the last didn't work.  To get pregnant with AJ we tried Clomid and then moved on to Femara.  The second round we also used an HCG trigger shot.  Luckily that was all it took for us to succeed.  We were preparing to move up to injectable hormones, saving up money.  If that hadn't worked, I imagine we would have turned to IUI or IVF if we had to and if we could afford it.  In my opinion, these techniques are very valuable and have changed the lives of a lot of people.  Many children would not have been born had it not been for these things. While I respect the views of others when it comes to "playing God", I don't agree.  To me, God gifted the scientists and doctors that developed and use these techniques.  While I'm thankful I haven't had to resort to those methods, I would if I wasn't able to get pregnant.  I would also consider adoption as an alternative to fertility treatments.

This is part of a June blog challenge started by Mommy Someday at Waiting for Baby. Pop over there and join in so I can learn these things about you!

No comments: