Friday, June 7, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 7: Epiwhat?

You're in labor, drugs or no drugs?  Why?

Well, again, since I have kids already, it's documented here that I chose to have an epidural both times.  And, unfortunately, both times it hasn't really worked out so well for me.  I seem to have a high tolerance for pain medication, as in a normal dose doesn't seem to work correctly or well for me.  With Tyler's labor, I eventually just made do without an effective epidural.  My mom helped me focus and breathe and I found that very helpful.  With AJ, the pain was different and much more intense.  Pushing didn't help the pain and neither did breathing.  I found out later that was probably because he was face up and wouldn't drop down and engage correctly.  So I chose drugs, but didn't get the benefit of them.  If I have more children, I will be having a scheduled C-Section, since I don't like the risks involved with a Vbac.  So yes, I would still have drugs, although a different kind!

This is part of a June blog challenge started by Mommy Someday at Waiting for Baby. Pop over there and join in so I can learn these things about you!

1 comment:

One and Done? said...

Ugh, more reasons why I am not fond of the thought of having an epidural! Thanks for sharing!