Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blog Challenge Day 27: When I grow up

When you were younger, what job(s) did you want to have?

Well there is a question without an interesting answer!  Honestly, I never had a good idea what I wanted to be when I grew up!   The first thing I said was probably ballerina.  My mom told my sister and I that probably wasn't going to be happening since the women in our family are fairly "well endowed".  Twin responded that she wasn't getting "those".  HA was she ever wrong!  Anyway, I have gotten off topic.  So I always came up with an answer when asked, but it changed daily.  Mostly, I wanted to sing or act or write or be an artist, but I'm not great at any of that, so I knew that wasn't happening!  I ended up settling on teacher and that's what I said when I graduated from high school and that's what I studied in college.  However, once I started field experience, I realized it really wasn't for me. It's a long story, but eventually it ended with me getting a degree in education, but not doing the student teaching portion, so I'm not actually certified to teach.  I took a few more courses (in Interior Design) before I finally decided to find a full time job and see how far I could get just by the mere fact that I have a bachelor's degree, regardless of the field.  A short time later, I started working at my current company, though in a different role.  I still don't know what my future holds in terms of my career.  I guess we'll see! 

This is part of a June blog challenge started by Mommy Someday at Waiting for Baby. Pop over there and join in so I can learn these things about you!

No comments: